Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Play's performance history

As I said in the first post, the play was performed initially for parents of children in the Vacation Bible School at St. James Anglican Church.  That was the beginning of August, 2010.  Later the same month, my husband and I (we're both Third Order Franciscans) attended a Franciscan Convocation in Washington State.  I gave a copy of the play to one of our sisters, who made a number of copies.  Then, one evening, the copies were handed out and the members (about 30 Franciscans) did a spontaneous "dramatic reading" of the play.  I'm happy to say that the play was enthusiastically received by the children in the Bible School and by the Franciscans at the convocation.  I couldn't have asked for more!  It meant that the kids enjoyed their involvement, and the Franciscans were happy with the content.
I hope that if any readers or followers of this blog perform the play or see it performed, that they (you) will send me a comment, and if possible, a photo or two, and let me know how it went.  (The play will be entered in this blog scene by scene.  At the moment, "this site is under construction", as they say.)
I'm offering the play free of charge, but with these 2 provisos: #1 If you perform the play, or produce it in any way, please give a link to this blog in your programs. #2  If you charge money to your audience, please pay at least 10% to a charity that (a) supports a Christian church, or (b) supports the welfare of children, or (c) supports the safety and well-being of animals or other environmental causes. My favourite charities are: World Vision, Covenant House, Canadian Wildlife, and the SPCA (any branch).  In the Canadian Anglican Church, you might support the PWRDF (Primate's World Relief & Development Fund).  Do not send me any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment